Ondo PDP leaders pass vote of no confidence on state working committee
December 24, 2020
Some leaders of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ondo State have passed a vote of no confidence on the state working committee of the party led by the state chairman, Hon. Fatai Adams.
In a letter addressed to the Secretary of the Zonal Caretaker Committee of the Party in the Southwest, the leaders accused Hon. Fatai Adams led state working committee of serially pursuing sectionalism which according to them has led to sharp divisions within the Party.
The letter was signed on Thursday by Chief Tunde Akindehin, Hon Saka Lawal, Arole Denis Alonge-Niyi, Hon. Dayo Akinsoyinu, Hon. Olaniyi Ogungbuji, Hon. Idowu Ogunmade, Hon Niyi Adebusoye, Hon. Sola Ebiwonjumi, Hon Adeboro Onibalusi, Prince Sam Ayi Olowokanga and Hon. (Mrs) F.K. Momoh
Starnews Nigeria had reported on Tuesday that the Ondo State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) dissolved the State Elders Committee and suspended five chieftains of the party for alleged anti-party activities.
In a statement by Kennedy Peretei, the State Publicity Secretary of the PDP in Ondo State, the Party announced the immediate suspension of Chief Oyedele Ibini, Hon. Lad Ojomo, Mr Ayo Fadaka, Hon. Rasheed Elegbeleye
and Hon. Ebenezer Alabi for alleged anti-party activities.
Read Also: Ondo PDP Dissolves Elders Committee suspends 5 chieftains
Reacting to the development, the said leaders lambasted the state working committee of the party in Ondo State under the Chairmanship of Hon. Fatai Adams.
They accused Adams led state working committee of clearly displaying intolerance, and intemperate attitude by arbitrarily, and unconstitutionally suspending five highly prominent leaders of the Party, for the simple reason of supporting an aspirant, Dr Eddy Olafeso, from Ondo state vying for the position of National Vice-Chairman and Mr Ayo Fadaka aspiring for the position of Zonal Publicity Secretary.
The said letter reads.
“24th December 2020
The Zonal Secretary,
Zonal Caretaker Committee,
VOTE OF NO CONFIDENCE ON HON. FATAI ADAMS, MR. TOLA ALABERE, MR. SEYE OLUJIMI, HON. KENNEDY PERETEI & OTHERS
- We, the undersigned stakeholders who are engulfed by the passion to rebuild Ondo PDP and restore it to its old glory hereby express our dissatisfaction and disappointment in the current State Working Committee ( SWC) of PDP, led by Hon. Fatai Adams.
- Due cognizance is accorded to the fact that the current Exco was elected and inaugurated in August 2020. It has thereafter consistently been taking hasty, and ill-advised decisions capable of destroying the Party. This Exco, rather than pursue unity, amity, and reconciliation within the Party, has serially pursued sectionalism that has led to sharp divisions within the Party. It is on record that they shut out from the processes and preparations towards Oct. 10th,2020 governorship election in the state, large segments within the Party, who were perceived to have supported other aspirants who contested with the governorship Candidate at the gubernatorial primary. This same SWC under the leadership of Hon. Fatai Adams has continued to pursue an exclusive agenda targeted at forestalling the return of formerly aggrieved leaders and members back to the Party while refusing to embark on fresh membership drive into the Party.
- The leadership of this SWC under the Chairmanship of Hon. Fatai Adams displayed intolerance, and intemperate attitude by arbitrarily, and unconstitutionally suspending five highly prominent leaders of the Party, for the simple reason of supporting an aspirant, Dr Eddy Olafeso, from Ondo state vying for the position of National Vice-Chairman and Mr Ayo Fadaka aspiring for the position of Zonal Publicity Secretary.
- We strongly believe that Hon. Fatai Adams has failed woefully to abide by the character and ethics that “policies and programmes of the Party shall be determined by its leadership, who shall be accountable to the membership”. Every member is entitled to the fundamental freedom of expression of opinion that is not derogatory to the noble ethics of our great Party. The Chairman has created a thick disaffection among members, which led us to an abysmal loss at the last governorship poll.
- For these and many other reasons, we the undersigned hereby pass a “ Vote of No Confidence” in Hon. Fatai Adams, Hon Tola Alabere, Mr Seye Olujimi, Hon. Kennedy Peretei and others, having displayed in capability, and very low capacity in managing the affairs of the Party. The serial disaster that will befall our Party will be unmitigated if these officers are still in charge.
Chief Tunde Akindehin
Hon Saka Lawal
Arole Denis Alonge-Niyi
Hon. Dayo Akinsoyinu
Hon. ( Chf.) Olaniyi Ogungbuji
Hon. Idowu Ogunmade
Hon Niyi Adebusoye
Hon. Sola Ebiwonjumi
Hon Adeboro Onibalusi
Prince Sam Ayi Olowokanga
Hon. (Mrs) F.K. Momoh
C. O. Ajiboye”
Leave A Comment