Download the Starnews App Here
Kano Pillars Football Club are on the verge of relegation from the Nigerian Professional football league following the decision of the NFF Disciplinary Committee to activate and deduct 3 points following the Violent incidents of the Matchday 34 clash vs Dakkada Fc, BSNSports.com.ng gathered.
The NFF Disciplinary Committee sitting in Abuja on Friday 8th July 2022 at the instance of an appeal filed by Dakkada Fc ruled in part that;
” The League Management Company in her summary jurisdiction of 17th April 2022 in matchday 23 fixture between Kano Pillars FC and Katsina United FC imposed a sanction of forfeiture of three (3) points accruing to the club in the event of any similar breach. In this case, loss of property or valuables which they failed to implement.
” The Committee having found that Kano Pillars FC officials destroyed camera (Sony HD Full HD 1920×1080) belonging to Dakkada Int’l FC and lost valuables belonging to Uchenna Iyioke hereby activates the three (3) points suspended sentence contained in the summary jurisdiction of the League Management Company between Kano Pillars FC and Katsina United FC in matchday 23 fixtures dated the 17th day of April, 2022. Particularly paragraph 5(k) to wit: “In the event of any further similar breach of the League Rules, Kano Pillars FC shall forfeit three (3) points from the points accruing to the club in addition to any other sanctions that may be deemed appropriate”.
Kano Pillars Fc who were before this decision placed 16th on the NPFL Standings with 45 after Matchday 36 will drop to 19th on the log with 42 points with two matches to the end of the 2021/2022 NPFL season .
Kano Pillars are guests to Nassarawa United in Lafia before a final home game vs Shooting stars sports club to round up what has been a turbulent season for the Kano State government sponsored club.
The Disciplinary Committee also gave judgement on appeals on the following games ; Kano Pillars Vs Katsina United and Niger Tornadoes Vs Lobi Stars . The full text of the committees decisions is presented below .
DECISION OF THE NFF DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 8TH JULY, 2022 AT PARKVIEW HOTEL, WUSE ZONE 1, ABUJA
In the matter between Dakkada Int’l FC Vs. Kano Pillars FC in the match played between Kano Pillars FC Vs. Dakkada Int’l FC. The Committee rules as follows:
1. That Kano Pillars FC failed to control its officials and ensure proper conduct during the match which resulted in the assault of a match official.
2. That the former chairman of Kano Pillars FC, Suraj Yahaya assaulted Assistant Referee 1 (Daramola Olalekan) during the course of the match.
3. That Mr. Uchenna Iyioke, a League Management Company Delegate at the instance of Kano Pillars FC officials lost valuables.
4. That officials of Kano Pillars FC damaged a camera (Sony HD Full HD 1920×1080) belonging to Dakkada Int’l FC.
5. That the assault of an Assistant Referee 1 (Daramola Olalekan) by the former Chairman of Kano Pillars FC (Suraj Yahaya) is an act capable of bringing the game to disrepute.
6. That the conduct of the Match Commissioner, Central Referee and the Assistant Referee 1 regarding the scoreline at the end of the match and the circumstances surrounding the report of the match under review left much to be desired.
7. That the League Management Company in her summary jurisdiction of 17th April 2022 in matchday 23 fixture between Kano Pillars FC and Katsina United FC imposed a sanction of forfeiture of three (3) points accruing to the club in the event of any similar breach. In this case, loss of property or valuables which they failed to implement.
8. That the Assistant Referee 1 despite the purported threat had no justification to have retracted or withdrew his decision after recognizing the goal scored by Dakkada Int’l FC in the 92nd minute of play as a legitimate goal.
Click here to subscriber to our youtube channel