Troops kill Boko Haram commander, others

The Nigerian Army announced on Sunday that its troops successfully eliminated a notorious Boko Haram commander, Abu Rijab, along with several other terrorists during an operation on Saturday.

The News Agency of Nigeria reported that this information was shared via the Nigerian Army’s official X, formerly Twitter, account.

The operation took place in Bula Daloye, located in Bama Local Government Area of Borno State. This successful mission follows sustained pressure on Boko Haram strongholds, leading to the surrender of numerous terrorists and their families.

Additionally, the Army confirmed that several criminal suspects were arrested, and various arms and ammunition were recovered during the operation.

“Following an intense firefight, the troops overpowered the terrorists, neutralising three, including a wanted Boko Haram commander, Abu Rijab.

“The operation led to the recovery of two AK-47 rifles and mobile phones.

“Additionally, eight terrorists and their families surrendered to troops in Gwoza Local Government Area.

“The same troops also apprehended two suspects in Konduga Local Government Area with 52 bags of illicit drugs intended for supply to terrorists,” it said.

The post also revealed that troops operating in Taraba apprehended the chairman of Gassol Local Government Area Hunters’ Association, Alhaji Adamu Tanko, for selling an AK-47 rifle to a suspected terrorist.

It said that the investigation had revealed that the weapon had been recovered during a joint operation against terrorists in Boki Lamba, a border town with Plateau.

In Plateau, the service said its troops apprehended two suspected criminal elements in the Rikkos area of Jos North Local Government Area.

See also  Edo PDP Declares 3-Day Mourning for Pioneer State Chairman, Solomon Aguele

According to the post, troops recovered a fabricated rifle and mobile phones containing images of various calibres of arms and ammunition.

“The Chief of Army Staff, Lt.-Gen. Taoreed Lagbaja, has commended the troops for their resilience and commitment.

“He also expressed gratitude to the public for their continued support of the Nigerian army, sister services, and other security agencies through credible and actionable information about criminal activities,” it added.


Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Adewinle sworn in as SWDC Federal Commissioner, pledges development for South West

Tell FG to Address Demands to Avert Looming Strike – ASUU Urges Nigerians

Police Recover Eight Explosives, 8,000 Ammunition, Arrest 33 Suspects in Rivers

JUST IN: Immigration Hikes Passport Fees to N100,000, N200,000

Starnews Publisher Celebrates Brother, Gbenga Akinrinlola, on Birthday

Gunmen Kill Female Vigilante Leader, Three Others in Plateau

Adewinle sworn in as SWDC Federal Commissioner, pledges development for South West

Tell FG to Address Demands to Avert Looming Strike – ASUU Urges Nigerians

Police Recover Eight Explosives, 8,000 Ammunition, Arrest 33 Suspects in Rivers

JUST IN: Immigration Hikes Passport Fees to N100,000, N200,000