Download the Starnews App Here
A youth was reportedly killed on Sunday, in Billiri Local Government Area of Gombe State, while the Divisional Police Officer of the area was injured by warring supporters of opposing camps in the Peoples Democratic Party primary election for Billiri/Balanga Federal Constituency.
Confirming the incident, the Gombe State Police Commissioner, Ishola Babaita, debunked the killing during the primary election, adding that it had nothing to do with the voting process.
Babaita said, “the killing had nothing to do with the primary election as it was far away from the scene of the primary election.”
However, Ali Isa has been declared the winner of the primary election, garnering 43 votes out of 61 to defeat his rival and lawmaker Rambi Ayala, representing Biliri East in the State House of Assembly who scored nine votes.
Isa who had represented Billiri/Balanga federal constituency from 2015 to 2019, promised quality representation if elected again in the 2023 general election.
According to him, the election was a family affair and we will immediately see how we can move in together to work as a team and reconcile.
He said, “you can see eighty percent of the contestants hugged and congratulated me. So I assure you that we are going to come out strong as one team, so the APC should start parking.”
On his part, Ayala alleged that the exercise was militarised.
He said, “the primary election was not a war as it turned out to be, a fair level playing ground should have been allowed.”
Meanwhile, the PDP has conducted its primary election for the 24 seats of the Gombe State Assembly and five House of representatives seats with the exclusion of Dukku/Nafada.
The result is as follows;
State House of Assembly, AKKO LGA
1) Hon. Abdullahi Bashir Gaddafi – Akko Central
2) Hon. Umar Adamu Kalajanga – Akko North
3) Hon. Alh Adamu Kashere (Bunun Kashere – Akko West
1) Hon. Meriji Adamu Majoro – Balanga South
2) Hon. Saratu Hamman Jauro – Balanga North
1) Hon. Yakubu Daniel Ladollis (Shettiman Bare) – Billiri East
2) Hon. Nimrod Malon Yari (Talban Tal) – Billiri West.
1) Hon. Zakariyya Ya’u Sa’idu – Dukku South
2) Hon. Abdulrahman Buba Zaune – Dukku North
1) Hon. Mohammed Buba Bajoga Boro – Funakaye North
2) Hon. Abubakar Adamu – Funakaye South
1) Hon. Ahmed Kawuwa Abubakar (Chichchi) – Gombe North
2) Hon. Ismail Usmandodo – Gombe South
1) Hon. Gabriel Galadima – Kaltungo west
2) Hon. Hassan Reuben – Kaltungo East
1) Hon. Adamu Rilwanu (Marafan Bomala) – Kwami West
2) Hon. Ahmad Abubakar Doho (Sardaunan Doho) – Kwami East
1) Hon. Haji Baba (Sardaunan Nafada) – Nafada North
2) Hon. Ibrahim Kawu Musa – Nafada South
1) Hon. Zubairu Ayala – Shongom
2) Hon. Markus Samuel – Pero Chonge
YAMALTU DEBA LGA
1) Hon. Salisu Inuwa Lano – Deba
2) Hon. Kabiru Haruna Wade – Yamaltu East
3) Hon. Engr Samaila Garba – Yamaltu west
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
2. Gombe/Kwami/Funakaye – Hon Yaya Bauchi Tongo
3. Akko – Hon. Aishatu MB Ahmad
4. Yamaltu Deba – Hon. Inuwa Garba
5. Billiri/Balanga – Hon. Ali JC Isa
6. Kaltungo/Shongom – Hon. Obed Paul Shehu
Click here to subscriber to our youtube channel