Ondo Poll: Youths drum supports for Agboola Ajayi of ZLP
August 28, 2020
- Allege Akeredolu of running Ondo State affairs as a family business
- Accuse PDP of picking a candidate from a wrong zone
- Ask Jegede to embrace the rule of zoning in Ondo
A Non-Governmental Association under the aegis of Ondo Youths Parliament (OYP) has declared total support for the candidate of the Zenith Labour Party (ZLP), Hon. Agboola Ajayi, ahead of Ondo State governorship election on October 10, 2020.
The youths drawn from all the political parties, spanning across the 18 Local Governments of the State on Wednesday resolved for Ajayi and the ZLP through a communique issued in Akure at Sunbeth Hotel and Suite after a wide deliberation on the forthcoming governorship election in the State.
Starnews Nigeria reports that the motion to support Ajayi/Adegbenro ticket on the platform of the ZLP was moved by Mr Johnson Kolawole, the Pioneer President of the group and a lecturer of Chemistry at the Polytechnic Ibadan and seconded by the current President of the group, Comrade Abubakar Ogunjobi.
The communique reads:
A communique issued by Ondo Youths Parliament (OYP) over the forthcoming governorship election on October 10, 2020, in Ondo State.
Rising from the meeting of the collections of Ondo State Youths from across all the political parties spanning across the 18 LGs of the State under the umbrella of Ondo Youths Parliament (OYP), today, August 27, 2020, following a robust deliberation concerning our future in the politics of Ondo State, Mr Johnson kolawole the pioneer president of OYP and a lecturer of chemistry at the Polytechnic Ibadan, moved a motion that the group, OYP, should support the candidate of the Zenith Labour Party, ZLP, His Excellency, Hon. Agboola Ajayi, ahead of the State governorship election slated for October 10, 2020, and the motion was seconded by Abubakar Ogunjobi, the current president of the group, whereby, we resolved as follows:
- That the present government is in a state of comatose and if urgent steps is not taken by the electorates, Ondo State will be doomed in the next four years.
- That the PDP has chosen wrongly by picking its candidate, Eyitayo Jegede (SAN) from the wrong central senatorial district of the State.
- That Ondo State needs a grassroots politician in the person of His Excellency Hon. Agboola Ajayi who is from the favoured Senatorial District of the Sate.
4 That for equity and democracy to thrive, a power shift MUST be embraced by the electorates.
- That Agboola/Gboye ticket on the platform of the ZLP is the best bet come October 10, 2020, because they are both youthful and useful.
- That Mr Eyitayo Jegede should embrace fairness in line with the constitutional rule of zoning and equity by supporting what will be good for the state.
- That Akeredolu should stop deceiving the teeming youths by buying some bootlickers to publicize his failed ambition.
- That Governor Akeredolu must be stopped from running the affairs of over 6 million people as a family business and a personal empire.
Abubakar Ogunjobi (President), Owoeye Taiwo (Secretary) and Mr Johnson Kolawole (Ex President), for Ondo Youths Parliament (OYP).
Leave A Comment