2020: Olafeso proposes new deal for Ondo State if elected governor
January 20, 2020
National Vice Chairman (Southwest) of the opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and governorship aspirant of the party in Ondo State, Chief Eddy Olafeso, has reeled out his agenda for the good people of Ondo State if he emerged candidate of his party, PDP, and elected by the people as governor of the state ahead of this year’s gubernatorial election.
In an exclusive chat with Starnews NG yesterday at his Alagbaka’s residence in Akure, Ondo State capital, Olafeso said his understanding of the sociological and political dynamics of Ondo State and the compelling need to arrest the worrying slide in peoples’ behavioural patterns and infrastructural decay completely dictates his six points agenda; tagged: ”Ondo 2020 – The New Deal” which he also described as a clear vision and a new direction.
In a copy of paper obtained by Starnews NG, the six points agenda centered on Human Capital Development, Agriculture, Infrastructure / FDI, Security, Job creation and Power (electricity.
See details below:
Human capital Development:
- free and qualitative primary and secondary Schools education.
- Subsidized tartiary education and a strong bias for technological sciences.
- Free maternal and child care up to age six in all health institutions.
- Free health care for the aged and the vulnerable.
. Provision of qualitative and subsidized health care for the citizenry.
- Development of the agricultural sector and it’s modernization shall remain a fundamental program of our Government, therefore the following incentives shall be provided.
- Provision of accessible credit facilities to interested farmers.
- Youth will be encouraged to pursue enduring career in farming and livestock practice.
- Provision of agricultural inputs target towards high sectoral output.
- Revival of farm settlement policy and Creation of same in all LGAs.
- Mechanized and farming practices across the state.
- Massive road reconstruction and regular maintenance of feeder roads.
- Dredging, clearing of waterways and proactive management of sea incursion through governmental interventionist agencies and private sector partnerships.
- Sourcing international development agencies to partner our infrastructure development.
- Wealth Creation and youth development initiatives.
- We shall encourage the private sector to go into public, private. Partnerships (PPP) in all sector of development to reduce government spending and concentrate on real sector to develop our human capital and the health- sectors – health is wealth.
- Creation of community- based security apparatus to make our communities free of criminalities.
- Running of effective and efficient government through responsive and responsible leadership.
- Job creation
- Revival of moribund industries and Creation of cottage industries across the 3 senetorial district of the state.
-We shall use information technology to create jobs in every, local government and definitely stale capital.
- power transmission and distribution shall be done in phases establishing waste to wealth technology, this will be achieved through foreign partners to generate power and create employment for our people.
- This waste to wealth power generation shall be done through public, private, partnership for the three senatorial districts within our first two- three years in office. Not costing the government a dime except our political will to do it.
- And we shall explore other sources of renewable clean energy for sustainable environment.
Leave A Comment