Lai Mohammed Bombs Jonathan, Says 8.1trn Looted by Agencies Under Him

May 21, 2018

0.9 min readCategories: News

The minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed has said that 15 revenue generating agencies of the federal government under former president Goodluck Jonathan failed to remit N8.1 trillion to the Federation Account between 2010 and 2015.

Alhaji Lai Mohammed made this allegation on Monday in Osogbo, Osun State, while commissioning the Channelization, De-silting, Flood Control and Development of Okoko and Ogbagba Rivers, phases one and two, on behalf of President Muhammadu Buhari.

According to Mohammed:

“Recently, the Federal Government ordered an audit (between 2010 and 2015) of 15 government revenue generating agencies. The result was the discovery that the agencies had not remitted over 8.1 trillion Naira to the Federation Account. This amount is about six times the .34 trillion Naira that was stolen between 2006 and 2015.”

”It is also the equivalent, on the average, of the country’s yearly national budget! Imagine, for a moment, how many kilometres of roads could have been constructed, how many kilometres of rail tracks that could have been laid with, and how many modern hospitals and schools that could have been built if that money had been properly accounted for,” Alhaji Mohammed said.

More to follows..

Advertise with us on Starnews.com.ng.
download the starnews app

About the Author: Starnews NG

Leave A Comment

EPL Teams Qualified for Champions League, Europa, Conference

Labour Party disowns Abure’s suspension

Ondo 2024: INEC publishes governorship candidates’ academic credentials

Ribadu did not back deposed Kano Emir,’ NSA Office

Recent Tweets