28 gunmen killed as B’Haram invades Yobe community

January 11, 2021

1.8 min readCategories: News

Nigerian military has killed suspected Boko Haram who invaded Gujba town in Yobe State, killing 28.

A statement on Sunday by acting Director, Defence Media Operations, Brigadier General Benard Onyeuko said the troops of the newly launched Operation Tura Takaibango, a subsidiary of Operation Lafiya Dole, had continued to remove Boko Haram/Islamic States West Africa Province criminals “with uncommon ferocity.”

Onyeuko said, “The latest encounter with the marauding Boko Haram criminals occurred on 9 January, 2021 at Gujba Local Government Area of Yobe State where the gallant troops identified and encircled a Boko Haram criminals ambush site.

“The troops from HQ Sector 2, who were led by the Commander Sector 2 and later reinforced by troops from 27 TF Bde Buni Gari and Special Forces Training School Buni Yadi, tactically out-manoeuvred the criminals and engaged them with superior fire power resulting in high casualty on the terrorists.

“In the aftermath of the decisive encounter, 28 Boko Haram terrorists were neutralised while few others are believed to have escaped with gunshot wounds.

“In the same vein, one Boko Haram gun truck was destroyed with its occupants while another gun truck was captured from the fleeing criminals. Other equipment captured from the criminals include two Anti Aircraft Guns, 13 AK 47 Rifles, four extra magazines and a Vulcanizing Machine.”

He, however, lamented that a soldier was lost in the operation with another one wounded.

He noted that the wounded soldier had been evacuated to a military medical facility and was responding positively to treatment.

He said, “The renewed onslaught against the remnants of Boko Haram/Islamic State’s West Africa Province criminals by the dogged troops of Operation Tura Takaibango is indicative of the end of all criminal elements within the North East.”

“The troops of Operation Tura Takaibango are highly commended for their dedication and determination in flushing out remnants of the terrorists from their hideouts. They are also encouraged not to relent but build on the successes recorded.

“The entire populace of the North East region are hereby assured of the Nigerian Army’s renewed vigour and determination to crush the remnants of Boko Haram/Islamic State’s West Africa Province criminals from their enclaves in this zone.”

Punch

Advertise with us on Starnews.com.ng.
download the starnews app

About the Author: Starnews NG

Leave A Comment

Train Crushes Twin Babies in Abuja Community

NNPCL uncovers 122 Illegal Refineries in Niger Delta

‘We’ll get justice for ACU student tortured to death by colleagues’, NANS vows

Sextortion: FBI’s Witness Revealed How Defendant Demanded $200 From Late Victim

Recent Tweets